During the Coronavirus Pandemic, all appointments must be booked on the day by calling our reception team on 01275 841630.
This enables us to:
1. Direct you to the most appropriate clinician. For GP and Advanced Nurse Practitioner appointments, a telephone appointment will be booked. The clinician may then arrange for you to come in if they are not able to provide advice and support remotely.
2. Ensure that you do not have any possible Coronavirus symptoms, to protect other patients and staff.
If you require the presence of a chaperone during your consultation please make your request to the receptionist or clinician. Our staff have been trained to provide professional, discrete chaperoning.
When arriving for your appointment
- Wear a mask or other covering over your face
- Arrive close to the time of your appointment. You do not need to tell us you are here – we will assume that you will be on time.
- Wait in your car (or nearby) until the time of your appointment then come and stand outside the relevant entrance (see below), respecting a 2m distance from other people.
- We will send you a text, phone you or call you in person to say ‘come in to the building now’
- Please come in on your own (unless it is not possible as a result of frailty/mobility issues or young children, in which case only one adult/carer please)
- If it is not possible to wait outside e.g. due to frailty then please let our reception team know.
Separate entrances for nurse led clinics for shielding patients and the Red Zone
There are separate entrances for patients attending a nurse clinic for patients who are shielding, and for those being seen in the Red Zone.
For directions to the appropriate entrances, please click here